CHS Inc. is a diversified agricultural cooperative based in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. The company was founded in 1929 and is owned by over 3,000 farmer-owners. CHS operates in a variety of businesses, including:
- Commodity marketing and trading
- Grain processing and storage
- Energy production and marketing
- Ag retail
- Financial services
- Rural development
CHS Inc. has a strong financial performance. In 2022, the company reported revenue of $138.4 billion and net income of $2.2 billion. CHS's stock price has also performed well, increasing by over 20% in the past year.
CHS Inc. is well-positioned to benefit from a number of business drivers, including:
- Growing global population
- Rising incomes in developing countries
- Increasing demand for food and agricultural products
- Consolidation in the agricultural industry
- Technological advancements in agriculture
CHS Inc. faces a number of risks, including:
- Commodity price volatility
- Competition from other agribusiness companies
- Government regulations
- Natural disasters
- Changes in consumer preferences
- The company has a strong track record of growth.
- The company is well-positioned to benefit from the growth of the global population and the global economy.
- The company has a diversified business portfolio, which reduces its risk.
- The company has a strong management team.
- The company is committed to sustainability.